Kickstarter, Manic Pixie Dream Girls and Good Music

By 6:32 AM , , , , ,



I always wanted to like the movie Garden State more than I actually did. Overall, I liked the concept, I enjoyed the whole package... but, can I let you in on a secret? I can't stand Natalie Portman. She is, to me, the embodiment of the 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl' character. (with the exception of Black Swan and the newer Star Wars movies- but Black Swan was weird and the Star Wars movies were just bad.) This also stems from the fact that she reminds me of my best friend from back in high school. A girl who guys saw as their MPDG, and, subsequently, I was overlooked. (plus, my "friend" was manipulative and needy, so there's just all sorts of negative feelings attached to all of this. Sorry Natalie.) Plus, Garden State writes her as a MPDG. So, there's that. Its like, double MPDG. Ugh.

oh my gosh. Seriously... this "fantasy" annoys me so much. It makes me feel like because I am an emotionally stable, hardworking, goal oriented grown woman, that I am a stick in the mud. Guys have passed me over more times that I can count for this idea... (hint, gentlemen? She doesn't EXIST. If you feel like you've found her...
 
 

But, anyhoo, one thing I did love about Garden State, was the soundtrack. What? You too? Your mom too? And your weird uncle? Shocking. I know. 

Iron & Wine covering The Postal Service? Coldplay sadly and epically playing at the end. The Shins. Frou Frou. It was an aspiring indie kid's music dream. Zac Braff has good taste in music.

So, even though I think its weird that he's started a Kickstarter campaign to create his "follow up" to Gardent State...(really? We're not only paying $13 to see a movie at theaters, now they're gonna ask us to fund them too?) if you donate $20 or more... you'll get to hear the soundtrack before its released AND he'll make and send out a new playlist each week of the production. That would be pretty cool.



 



Anyways... that's my randomness for today.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.