This is Change

By 7:40 PM , , , , , , , ,







Sometimes... sometimes you just have to go somewhere sort of new. A new headspace. New scenes. New air... something like that anyway. I drove up to Columbus to spend the day with my sister and we had lunch together and visited The Book Loft in the German Village (we found a copy of Rachael's book, Crochet Boutique: Hats- which I photographed and styled and my sister modeled for, so we were happy and took a couple photos. Because we're silly and excited like that.) I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte, and it was too sweet... I guess I'm really a coffee person now. 


Lately its been a bit hard to be... here. Because I'm not exactly sure what "here" even is. Most of my friends and family know that this period of time has been difficult for me. After being so busy and living near a big city in a foreign country, living in community with other people constantly... being home at my parents, unemployed and single has been a challenge. I'll admit I'm chomping at the bit for the next phase of life (whatever that is) to begin, ready for some new challenges and hopefully some answers to prayers I've been praying for a long time... but until then, in this interim, I'm glad to finally have a few things to look forward to. Working with my best friend on an upcoming wedding as Paper&Velvet, second shooting some weddings and writing/photographing for Apex Anthologies... all good things.  

Hopefully, some other things will come through soon.

My friend Hannah sent me this quote the other day... and it pretty much sums up my life at the moment:

"When we make a change, it’s so easy to interpret our unsettledness as unhappiness, and our unhappiness as the result of having made the wrong decision. Our mental and emotional states fluctuate madly when we make big changes in our lives, and some days we could tight-rope across Manhattan, and other days we are too weary to clean our teeth. This is normal. This is natural. This is change."
-Jeanette Winterson



 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.